Attendees Cannot Hear The Audio Broadcast When Playing a Video (Windows)
When broadcasting the video through normal screen sharing and directly from the desktop none of the attendees can hear the audio.
While this feature is not supported by Citrix, if you would like to share a video or computer audio during a live event you will need to configure your computer in order for the audio to broadcast to your attendees. In this article you will find software and hardware audio configuration instructions that should allow you to transmit both your voice and audio from your computer in a few different ways. Due to some sound card limitations, these procedures may not work with every system.
Configure Windows 7 broadcast audio through the Sound Card
- Right-click the volume icon in the system tray (usually bottom-right of your desktop)
- Select Recording devices from the menu
- Right-click the first item on the list and ensure Show Disabled Devices is checked
- Locate Stereo Mix in the list and click to highlight
- Note: If Stereo Mix is disabled or greyed out, right click on Stereo Mix and select Enable to proceed with setting it as default.
- Click Set Default
- Press OK
Test playing back the video to make sure it works.