Getting error Waiting for the client computer to connect
- Unable to connect to host
- Error returned is "Waiting for the client computer to connect"
- Session never starts
The computer you are attempting to connect from is not able to contact the GoToMyPC servers.
On the computer you are connecting from (not the remote computer you are trying to access)
1. Make sure that a firewall or any other type of security software isnt blocking GoToMyPC
- Firewalls and other types of security software may prevent GoToMyPC from establishing a successful connection.
- You will need to make sure that the GoToMyPC program g2viewer.exe is allowed full outbound access to the internet.
- Please refer to the Firewall section for instructions on how to configure your security software to work with GoToMyPC.
2. Make sure that your host computer meets our minimum Internet connection requirements
- Satellite, dial-up, and other non-broadband Internet connections do not meet our recommended connection requirements.
- If you are trying to connect to GoToMyPC with these kinds of connections, you may have difficulty connecting to computers through GoToMyPC.
- We recommend DSL or better Internet connections.
3. Reset connection Settings
- GoToMyPC stores connection settings on your client computer for future use.
- If GoToMyPC is not connecting successfully, you may need to reset its stored connection settings .
4. Run the GoToMyPC Connection Wizard
- You may also see a client failure error message if GoToMyPC is unable to establish a connection to our servers to start a session.
- The GoToMyPC Connection Wizard may be able to resolve this issue and help improve performance by locating and storing optimal connection settings in our data servers.
5. Contact Customer Support from your host Computer
- If you still continue to have issues connecting from your client computer after checking for the above-mentioned steps, please contact Global Customer Support by phone for further assistance.
- Please note that if the connection problem is from your client computer, you will need to be at your client computer in order for Customer Support to resolve your issue.