Error: 'You'll need a new app to open this citrixonline'
- When connecting to a session for the first time, users are shown the message 'You'll need a new app to open this citrixonline'
- Searching for an app returns no results.
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge
Currently under investigation
- Click the download & run GoToMeeting link once to install the Launcher and GoToMeeting.
- Use Firefox
- Use Microsoft Internet Explorer
Workaround 2 - Per Microsoft article on this issue from their support site here.
1. Type Default programs in search bar on your system and open Default programs under Control Panel.
2. Select Set your Default programs under Choose the program that Windows use by default.
3. Select Internet Explorer as default program in the Set your Default programs Window.
4. Then click on OK and check, if it helps you.
If the issue still persists, manually Choose Default Associations to be Associated with the Program. This will associate the selected program as the default used by Windows to open the selected file types and protocols by you from the list that the program can open.
a. Click on Choose defaults for this program.
b. Check mark the file extensions you want this program to be associated to open by default.
In your case https:
c. Click on the Save button to apply and click OK.