Error: "Sorry, GoToMyPC cannot be started at this time. Please try again in a few moments"
Error "Sorry GoToMyPC cannot be started at this time. Please try again in a few moments" when trying to connect to a host computer
- Windows client computer
- Shared %temp% folder
- Incorrect permissions on %temp% folder
The %temp% folder may be shared or the user may not have read/write permissions for this folder.
This error can be caused by the GoToMyPC viewer files being erroneously "in-use" according to Windows. If a reboot of the Client doesn't resolve it, follow the steps below from the Client PC:
Run the Launcher Error Tool
- Download the tool here .
- Extract Citrix_Launcher_Error_2006_Fix.zip
- Right click on Citrix_Launcher_Error_2006_Fix.bat
- Select Run as administrator
- Wait while a command prompt window appears and disappears
- Attempt to connect to the computer again
Manually Disable Sharing of Temp Folder
- Hold the Windows key and press R
- Type %temp% in the run window
- Navigate back one folder
- Right click on the Temp folder
- Select Share or Share With
- Click Stop Sharing or select Nobody
- Click Done
Note: Depending on your settings, additional steps my be required to disable folder sharing.
You may need to repeat these steps for the folder CitrixLogs in the temp.